Friday, April 9, 2010

paint question

So the aphids have been eliminated, I hope. I washed the baby leaves with soap water started turning the fan on daily. I potted up some plants last weekend but need to do some more today and tomorrow. On the hunt for a kelp/fish fertilizer. No luck at Menards on North & Kostner, and the hose reel I got there had no directions either. Not looking forward to going back out to the store :(

I started making the sign for the front of the garden. I feel hesitant to put the big boxes out on the lot before the sign is ready. But the free paint I got from the paint store is old and lead-based. I don't see a problem using it for the sign, but do you think it would be ok to stencil a few stars and stripes on the sides of the boxes? I'm a bit torn about this. It would not come into direct contact with the soil, but I don't know if there are other issues I should be concerned about. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment