Monday, August 2, 2010

tomato love

IMG_1501.JPG
Tomatoes are coming in fast and furious now. I had to fight off blossom end rot after going away for a couple weeks, but it seems to be eradicated by now. It got really hot after some big storms so probably the tomatoes were not getting the consistent watering they needed.
IMG_1500.JPG
In other news, I attended my first session of Veggie Bingo with neighbor Tara.
IMG_1678.JPG
Unfortunately, some folks came by to cut all the wild plants that were growing in the empty lot, which is a shame. Without the flowers, now the bees congregate to my tomatillo and lemon balm plants.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw you had this blog. We had big blossom end rot problems this summer in the community garden.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manistee-County-Community-Gardens/135478109826984?v=wall

    The only water was across the street. We have a water solution for next year though.

    ReplyDelete